Cherry seasons in Australia.
Since the late 19th Century when they were introduced to the New South Wales town of Young, now known as the cherry capital of Australia and host of the world-famous National Cherry Festival first week of December each year more than 80 different cherry varieties are grown throughout Australia delivering extensive consumer choice in the type and taste of Australian Cherries. common cherries grown in Australia include Merchant, Bing, Lapin, Van, Sweetheart, Ron, Skeena, Regina, Staccato, Sequoia, Dawn series, Simone and Kordia to name a few of the more popular varieties.
In the Orange District, you can pick your own cherries in November and December. Cherry season has typically lasted from mid-November through the end of January year after year. Christmas some farm open for picking during weather condition each year.
The great thing about the Orange Wine Region is that while you are tasting you are most likely talking to the owner and/or wine maker cool climate wines Experience Orange Wine Region with a boutique tour and tasting at Orange Winery. Don’t miss Cherry Wine Tasting on Tours.
Pick u own Cherry
- Luxury coach 32-52 seats
- Cherry farm entry fee
- Cherry wine tasting cool climate wine
- Local shopping farm gate
- Meals ( KFC & MC)
- Comfortable enclosed walking shoes, water bottle, sunglasses, hat, camera, sunscreen warm/wet weather clothing
- Please bring some cash farm no credit card
Please be at the meeting point 10 mins before pick up waiting outside the hotel
- 7.30 am 255 Pitt Street – City
- 8:00 am Strathfield Train station Bus Stand D
- Our morning tea stop at Hydro Majestic Hotel experiences the best coffee in the Blue Mt. come with the view. own expense
- Lunch at McDonald’s – own expense
- Enjoy cherry picking farm for 2 hours
- Visit Orange winery for wine tasting
- Shopping local farmer gate product
- Dinner stop at McDonald’s own expense
- 8:00 pm Drop off Strathfield
- 8:30 pm Drop off City
- *Paramatta on request pick up – Drop off*